When I was working with Blueprint and Live copies synchronization scenario and rollout configurations, by default, changes would happen when we do initial rollouts in blueprints. Also, I observed that when I change page title of the blueprint after rollout it will not change in the live copy content of the page. It would rollout only, according to my research. Some property names that starts with jcr: , cq: or sling: do not rollout.
- Here I created an English version page as a blueprint and Canada version as a live copy in SiteAdmin Console.
- English version has Home and About pages when I do rollout it copies into the live copy using standard rollout configuration.
- Now, try changing the About page title to Contact in blueprint (English version)
- Page title will change in the blueprint but it does not change in the live copy after rollout.
- It’s possible to configure properties using Apache Felix Web Management Console. Create an OSGi configuration with the name com.day.cq.wcm.msm.impl.actions.ContentUpdateActionFactory.config . This configuration is based on the default configuration but instructs Adobe Experience Manager to NOT ignore the jcr:title and cq:tags properties by adding them into a regular expression used by AEM to determine which properties should be excluded in the cq.wcm.msm.action.excludedprops.
How to update a configuration:
- Access the Configuration tab of the Web Console by either: Opening the web console from the link on the Tool -> Operations menu. After logging into the console you can use the drop-down menu of: OSGi > Configuration The direct URL: http://localhost:4502/system/console/configMgr
- Select the bundle Day CQ MSM Content Update Action to configure properties.
- A dialog will open. Here you can change cq.wcm.msm.action.excludedprops property as a list of regular expressions, with each being checked against the property name to determine whether or not the property should be updated. In this case, the regular expression jcr:(?!(title)$).*
- Click on the Save button to save the configuration.
– Go back to site admin console rollout blueprint page and refresh the page.
Get notified on our latest insights
Subscribe to our periodic summaries of the latest in tech news and innovation. Get up-to-date articles with our take and insights on the ever-changing digital landscape.