Every customer is important to a business’s success. Marketers always look for innovative ideas that are bigger and better than what their competitors are doing. In this digital era, it is critical to listen to your customers and to keep interacting with them to your product or service on their radar. Marketing Automation plays a vital role in keeping the conversation live with the customers on online platforms to grow customer relationships.
Marketing Automation is amongst the most talked about topics in marketing because of the digital revolution happening across the globe. For large enterprises, automated tools have become necessary to qualify, convert and close more leads. Automated tools can offer value for small businesses as well.
What is Marketing Automation?
Marketing Automation is the process of making use of software and web-based services to automate, streamline and execute marketing processes. With the help of automation, you can set up a process to perform your marketing strategy the way you want with ease. Automation tools can be used to customize the experience of individual audiences depending upon their online behaviors and purchase activities. It is a great tactic that allows marketers to qualify and nurture their prospects using highly customized content to convert the prospect into a lead.
Why is it important?
Marketing Automation helps small-scale enterprises to stay competitive in the market, whereas, it enables large-scale enterprises to cater to the demands of their huge customer base. Thousands of marketers rely on automation to be more efficient and to enhance the customer experience. As per eMarketer, 86 percent of marketers have experienced an improvement in customer nurturing due to marketing automation, and 66 percent reported that it enhanced personalization and targeting.
- Saves Time: Automation tools are becoming essential for businesses to free up time by reducing the number of repetitive activities that marketing teams have to perform. Businesses can save more than 5 hours a week by scheduling their social media posts and online advertisements. Automation systems give you the freedom to schedule multiple posts for different sets of audiences.
- Personalized Communication: To create a more lasting effect, you must not only offer the right content but you must also provide it in the right format at the right time. With marketing automation, you have the power to tailor your marketing message and create a unique experience for each customer. With automation software, you can send personalized and targeted communications to each prospect depending upon where they are in the lead cycle.
- Boost Conversion Rate: Marketers who are well versed in automation tools have experienced better conversion time and reported an increase in their revenue. Automation tools allow you to target a specific set of audiences that accelerates the buyer’s journey and reduces the time to convert a prospect into a customer.
Why should you use Marketing Automation for your business?Marketing automation plays a crucial role in a business’s success in today’s digital atmosphere. Marketing automation has proved successful for some businesses by increasing sales productivity by more than 14%. Annuitas Group has revealed that enterprises using marketing automation to nurture prospects have seen a 451% increase in qualified leads. Marketing Automation plays a vital role in increasing marketing ROI and overall growth. There is a huge increase in the number of enterprises that have automated their marketing, and the number is only expected to increase in the years to come. Setting up your marketing campaign into auto-pilot mode ultimately boosts your business growth. Let’s explore the top reasons why you should use marketing automation for your business.
1. Generate and nurture leads:Generating leads is one of the ultimate steps of the marketing teams in any business. Automating marketing efforts gives marketing teams time to focus on strategy so they can reach more potential prospects, which in turn leads to more customers. Automation helps you give a better and more detailed picture of your potential customer’s behavior. Nurturing leads can be one of the trickiest and most time-consuming activities but at the same time, it is important to close the deal. The majority of qualified leads are not ready to buy, hence, nurturing the lead through the entire buyer journey is essential to get it to close the deal. Marketing automation can determine which leads are most likely to convert into a sale and which will generate the most revenue. This helps businesses to increase their conversion ratio and close sales in an effective manner.
2. Personalize content:Personalizing content to reach customers has become the key factor to nurture leads. Buyers are always more interested in unique and targeted content. According to some of the latest research results, almost 75% of US consumers look for a personalized content experience. It has become essential to reach the customer with the right content at the right time. Great marketing tools can easily personalize content as per your customer personas. Marketing automation has a great ability to reach customers in a personalized way across various digital channels. Personalization not only improves the experience but also enhances the entire buyer journey. It is essential to engage with your visitor in the language they understand to encourage them to think of your product/service and move down the sales funnel. Lead generation campaigns can be easily optimized with personalization to target the most qualified lead. With personalization, you can reach your visitors with the content that interests them using every digital channel they are present on. Personalization is not just limited to improving your business ROIs, but it enables you to connect with your audience and get to know them better. It is crucial to understand your consumer behavior in this rapidly changing world to help you improve your business strategies over time. Personalization could be one of the most profitable investments if optimized correctly with a strong business strategy.
3. Integrate Social Media Marketing for better results:Businesses need to form strong relationships with their potential buyers with the help of capitalizing on the latest trends in social media marketing. Automation tools allow you to manage your social media accounts and help you automate all your social media campaigns within one dashboard. Automation tools enable you to schedule all your campaigns ahead of time. Different posts for different sets of audiences can be easily scheduled on a single dashboard based on your CRM data. A drag and drop interface saves design time for your design team and enables marketing teams to create social campaigns with no prior technical expertise. By providing a single dashboard and marketing analytics, automation tools are a great solution for measuring social media campaigns and generating leads more effectively.
4. Better Marketing and Sales team collaboration:The right marketing automation tools will help your marketing and sales teams work together more effectively. With new technologies evolving, the customer buying cycle is being affected, so it is more important than ever for marketing and sales teams to collaborate effectively with one another. Marketing automation streamlines the sales funnel, making it easier for the marketing and sales teams to generate leads and convert those into real customers. With marketing automation in place, marketing teams can focus on reaching potential prospects and qualifying those as leads, which can be delivered to the sales team with the right customer information to close the deal faster. Automation helps in routing the correct information to the right sales representatives at the right time.
Conclusion:Marketing automation has proved to be a prudent choice for many businesses and is here to stay for years to come. Integrating marketing automation into your marketing strategy will surely benefit your business, regardless of the size of your company or the industry you are in. Numerous tasks can be automated with the help of marketing automation tools to improve efficiency and increase revenue. You can even start small and then explore how to go multi-channel down the line.
What marketing automation tools do you use? Let us know in the comments below. And if you haven’t started yet and need help getting your automation tools in place, contact us – we’re happy to introduce you to the world of marketing automation!
Get notified on our latest insights
Subscribe to our periodic summaries of the latest in tech news and innovation. Get up-to-date articles with our take and insights on the ever-changing digital landscape.